Explore Devil's Lake
Manitou Beach, MI | Public Access | 1330 Acres | All-Sports
Devils Lake is one of the most popular lakes in the Irish Hills, and for good reason! With 1,330 acres of all-sports fun, you won’t find a better place for waterskiing, tubing, fishing, jet skiing, or just floating on your pontoon. The lake boasts two big sand bars that are popular spots to meet up for swimming, playing and sunning..
Attractions and Area Information
- The Devils Lake Tip-Up Festival in February for nearly 60 years. Events include ice skating, ice races, a poker run, and more. The festival doubles as a community fundraiser. Who doesn’t want to have a great time for a good cause?
- New to the scene, the Devils Lake Festival of the Arts’ inaugural year was 2014. Art vendors, dancing, music and local cuisine make this a festival worth making a tradition.
- The Devils Lake and Round Lake Fireworks Show draws visitors from the entire area, and it seems to get bigger and better every year
- The Devils Lake Yacht Club offers free sailing lessons to its members, and it’s also a popular place for those without lake homes to dock their boat. We hear the dining is top-notch, too!
- The Devils Lake Golf Course is an 18-hole golf course on 140 rolling acres on the north side of the lake. It’s designed for enjoyable play for all skill levels, so whether you’re a beginner or ready to go pro, you’ll feel welcome.
- Woodstock Wine and Cheese is the place to stock up on wine, beer, cheese and deli meats if you’re hosting a party or just a picnic.
- Need to stock up on more than just party supplies? Jerry’s Market is the place to get all your grocery needs.
Have you ever noticed how hungry swimming makes you? Luckily, there are some great restaurants around the lake.
Head to Captain Chuck’s Sandbar and Grill at the north end of the lake for the bluegill special, or check out their crab races during the Tip-Up Festival. The Manitou Bar and Grill on the west side of the lake serves up a mean ½ pound burger on their famous onion rolls. Maybe top it with some corned beef? Yes, that’s a topping! Stop next door for coffee or dessert, where Jenni G. opened Jenni’s Coffee and Cream at just 19-years-old! You’d never know she was new to the restaurant scene, with delicious ice cream, sandwiches and coffee and drinks.
Want to take a drive? Explore a little further out with a trip to Jerry’s Pub on Wamplers Lake or The Point Bar and Grill on Clark Lake. Try Rumors in Hudson for their great sandwiches and occasional beer tasting events.
Devils Lake Area Links
Irish Hills Area | Experience Jackson | Visit Lenawee