Explore Wamplers Lake
Brooklyn, MI | Public Access | 780 Acres | All-Sports
In the heart of the Irish Hills, Wamplers Lake is just a few minutes from charming Brooklyn, Michigan.
- Michigan International Speedway is more than just NASCAR, also hosting concerts, festivals and community events throughout the year.
- One of the best ways to enjoy Wamplers Lake is by visiting Walter J. Hayes State Park. Along with beaches and boat launches, the park also has hiking and biking trails, geocaching, picnicking and camping.
- Explore 80 acres of stagecoach-era history at the Historic Brick Walker Tavern. Don’t miss the weekly farmers market hosted on the property.
- Hidden Lakes Gardens in Tipton, owned by Michigan State University, is a 755-acre natural space, including a botanical garden and 10 miles of hiking trails and six miles of paved car paths. Open year-round, don’t miss the holiday lights and the Mother’s Day plant sale!
- Cherry Creek Winery is located in a retired schoolhouse in Brooklyn. In addition to their locally made wine, you’ll find a wide array of other Michigan-made products. Check their website for wine tasting days and times.
Jerry’s Pub, right on Wamplers Lake, will hook you up! If you want to do a little exploring, grab a pizza at The Beach Bar, a local favorite, or maybe watch the sunset while enjoying one of the daily specials at The Pointe Bar and Grill. If you feel like a big steak, try JR’s Steakhouse in Brooklyn. Craving some fresh fish or a great burger? Artesian Well Sports Tavern in Cement City is the place to be to watch the big game and have a burger.
Wamplers Lake Area Links
Irish Hills Area | Experience Jackson | Visit Lenawee