Explore Lake Columbia
Brooklyn, MI | Private Access | 840 Acres | All-Sports
Lake Columbia is a private access, man made all-sports lake in near Brooklyn, in the Irish Hills.
- Brooklyn is perhaps best known as home to Michigan International Speedway. MIS is more than just NASCAR, also hosting concerts, festivals and community events throughout the year.
- Explore three buildings and 80 acres of stagecoach-era history at the Historic Brick Walker Tavern. Don’t miss the weekly farmers market hosted on the property.
- Hidden Lakes Gardens in Tipton, owned by Michigan State University, is a 755-acre natural space, including a botanical garden and 10 miles of hiking trails and six miles of paved car paths. Open year-round, don’t miss the holiday lights and the Mother’s Day plant sale!
- Cherry Creek Winery is located in a retired schoolhouse in Brooklyn. In addition to their locally made wine, you’ll find a wide array of other Michigan-made products. Check their website for wine tasting days and times.
- Nearby Devils Lake is a great destination if you like to explore locally owned shops and eateries.
Hungry? The pizza at The Beach Bar is a local favorite, or maybe watch the sunset while enjoying one of the daily specials at The Pointe Bar and Grill. If you feel like a big steak, try JR’s Steakhouse in Brooklyn. Maybe some fresh fish? Jerry’s Pub, right on Wamplers Lake, will hook you up! The Artesian Well Sports Tavern in Cement City is the place to be to watch the big game or race and have a burger and a beer.
Lake Columbia Area Links
Lake Columbia Website | Irish Hills Area | Experience Jackson | Visit Lenawee